Yesterday was Glasgow Fair which meant that i had one more day to ease back into the routine. It also happened to be a gorgeous sunny day. Exactly the kind of day that should be spent sitting in the garden, sipping a daiquiri, eating your meal al fresco.
Grilled Lamb Chops with Broad Bean Salad and Avocado Salsa
8 lamb chops
salt and pepper
For the broad bean salad:
250g podded broad beans, skins removed
3-4 mint sprigs, leaves picked and roughly chopped
3 sprigs rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped
couple of handfuls of watercress
For the salsa:
100g cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1 chilli, seeded and finely chopped
1 avocado roughly chopped
juice of 1 lime
- First marinate the lamb chops. Combine the lemon juice, a couple of glugs of olive oil, salt and pepper, and crushed garlic in a shallow bowl. Coat the lamb chops on both sides with the marinade and let sit while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- Make the salsa. Combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat a griddle pan up until hot. Grill the chops for 2-3 minutes on each side depending on how you like them. Remove from the pan and let rest while you prepare the salad.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the skinned broad beans and heat through. Toss in the chopped rosemary and mint and stir through the watercress until it wilts. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place the broad bean salad on a plate, lay over the lamb chops and drizzle over any juices from resting. Spoon over some avocado salsa. Eat and enjoy!